Everybody is welcome to participate in the daily walks of the We Love Japan Tour, both tourists and locals alike. We hope that the walks will provide opportunities for people from Japan and across the world to meet and experience the hidden beauties of Japan.
If you are interested in participating, please read the following important notices:
- The walks are self-guided. No organization or support will be provided at the start or along the route.
- Please make proper advance preparations by yourself with regards to orientation, equipment, transportation, accommodation, food and weather. Basic information for the preparation of the walks is provided on our website for the North Route and South Route.
- Some of the walks are long and/or strenuous, and public transportation may not be available once underway. You are responsible for ensuring that the walks fall within your athletic ability.
- A starting time is usually given for each walk; however, on days when we expect large numbers of participants, no starting time will be published.
- Wear your We Love Japan Tour 2013 T-shirt so that you can recognize (and be recognized by) other participants. Get your T-shirts from our Japanese web store or our international web store. All proceeds go to charity.
- Some walks may include a special event or activity at the end.
- In case of extreme weather, walks may be cancelled. Alternate programs may be provided.
- Notifications and updates to the itineraries, activities, etc. will be posted on the tour website. Email notifications will also be sent out to registered walkers should they choose to receive them.
Registration is not mandatory but encouraged to get notifications about the walks and for us to gain a rough idea of how many people will show up.