Working Holiday Visa

A working holiday visa is a special visa for young people between the age of 18 and 25 (30 in some cases), to stay in Japan for up to one year. Working holiday visa holders are allowed to work part time while staying in Japan.

Japan has currently mutual working holiday agreements with the following countries and regions:

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • Ireland
  • Korea
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom

Citizens of other countries are not eligible for a working holiday visa.

Questions? Ask in our forum.
Anything we can improve?  Let us know
We strive to keep Japan Guide up-to-date and accurate, and we're always looking for ways to improve. If you have any updates, suggestions, corrections or opinions, please let us know:
Thank you for your feedback.
Page last updated: March 3, 2015