Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/2/25 15:11
I am meeting up with some friends in April, and one of them would love to see a string of torii gates. I remember from when I went a few years ago, that the Fushimi Inari shrine has stacks of them. but what I can't remeber is: are they easy access?? One friend has some health issues that may mean they can't anything too strenuous. So are the strings of gates near to the entrance?

thankyou!
by thesweeny  

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/2/26 09:34
yes, no problem there. To go for the full walk would be hard work, but after the first thousand or so they pretty much all look alike anyway
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/2/26 09:38
They're not exactly near the shrine entrance, but the most famous area is very near the bottom of the mountain.

If your friend is able to walk up the slope to Kiyomizu Temple, they should easily be able to get themselves to the lowest gates of Fushimi Inari. I wouldn't wander much further than those, because after that the path starts leading up around the mountain, but the lowest torii are the most famous anyway.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/2/26 11:21
The first set of red shrine gates aren't too far away from the entrance. There are only a few steps your friend would have to walk up, I think it's not too stressful.

I've been to Fushimi Inari very often and I have it well documented here, so maybe that will refresh your memory: http://zoomingjapan.com/travel/fushimi-inari-shrine-kyoto/

Enjoy your trip! ^__^
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/2/27 11:57
brilliant! thanks everyone!

and loved the photos zoomingjapan - I am looking forward to going back!
by thesweeny rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/2/27 14:29
Hi

Fushimi Inari is definitely a place not to be missed during a visit to Kyoto. I was really fascinated by this temple and thousands of Torii drawing trails through the hills.
Pourrer you see the article I wrote on this temple by following the link below.

http://www.soleilrouge.org/blog/lire-article-240173-1573389-le_temple_...

A place did not miss under any circumstances!

Enjoy your visit!
by fuchan29 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/2/28 13:07
thanks Fuchan! yeah, I loved it there last time, and am looking forward to sharing it with my friends
by thesweeny rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/3/2 09:13
You're welcome!...
...In Japan!
by fuchan29 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/9/13 15:10
I was planning to visit Fushimi Inari Shrine on november. That day i need to catch up late night coach from osaka station to tokyo.Kindly advised me izzit enought time for me to visit this place or i should choose Arashiyama instead of Fushima Inari.Pls advised.
by Krisdadio rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/9/13 20:43
Osaka is quite close to Kyoto so you should have plenty of time to go to Fushimi Inari then return to Kyoto station to catch a train to Osaka
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine 2013/9/14 00:18
Although the gates start at the bottom of the mountain, there are some steps to get to first avenues of the gates. I have some trouble with hips/ stairs but was OK with those, as not too numerous. And we were able to explore a number of different paths lined by gates without having to climb back/ up the mountain.

Was lovely experience. http://www.kaveyeats.com/2013/02/messages-of-love-3.html
by KaveyF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread