Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

14-day JR pass for this scenario? 2013/3/1 06:31
I'm looking to stay in Japan for around 12 days. So far the itinerary would look something like this:

* Tokyo Airport into Tokyo
* Tokyo to Hakone
* Hakone to Kyoto
* Kyoto to Osaka
* Osaka to Osaka Airport

I'm inclined to think that since I wouldn't be leaving from Tokyo again, the 14-day Japan Rail pass won't be worth my money. On the contrary, if I were to head back up to a Tokyo Airport, then it would be well worth my money. Is this a correct assumption?
by Tunaidi (guest)  

Re: 14-day JR pass for this scenario? 2013/3/1 14:01
Usually a seven day pass is not worth it if one starts in Tokyo, goes to Kyoto/Osaka area, and then returns to Tokyo. It usually takes an additional side trip to Hiroshima, Shirahama, Nagano, Kanazawa, or Takayama.

That is a seven day pass, and not a fourteen day pass. You are probably better off getting one of the Hakone passes, and paying for the Shinkansen Bullet train to Kyoto. You can get a Puratto Kodama Economy Plan ticket at about a 25% discount between Tokyo and Kyoto. Here is a link:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359.html

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: 14-day JR pass for this scenario? 2013/3/1 22:26
Yes, that is extremely helpful. Thank you so much!
by Tunaidi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread