Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking direct with hotel manager 2013/3/2 22:04
Hi,

I heard one can book directly with the hotel manager Hiroshi Okamoto for Takaragawa Osenkaku. Given my misgivings about booking online (see another post) due to room availability, I'd like to just book with the hotel manager to make sure I get the room/ building/ meal plan/shuttle bus seats. Would you say this is not as reliable as online booking secured with a credit card (I'm NOT hinting the manager is not reliable, just not sure re: how firm the reservation is)? OR would you recommend it? I saw on tripadvisor and other reviews that Okamoto is a great guy who speaks English well etc, and it appears he handled bookings in the past and the rate would be indeed favourable.

Please share your opinions? I'm being such a perfectionist in planning our honeymoon trip but I've been dreaming about visiting JApan for as long as I can remember.

Thanks a lot!

Chloe
by ChloeM (guest)  

... 2013/3/3 10:25
Basically in Japan if they confirm your reservation then the reservation can be considered locked in and confirmed. ie. You often don't need to provide a credit card or pay a deposit like you do in some other countries.

I have personally booked a number of ryokan/hotels by e-mail or a phone call without providing a credit card or paying any money whatsoever. They just trust that you will do the right thing and show up, or pay any cancellation fees if you cancel. They have always been expecting us and there have been no issues checking in or the price changing or anything bad like that.

Enjoy your honeymoon!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread