Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Blooming of Wisteria 2013/3/23 16:31
It is possible that Wisteria will bloom earlier than usual since cherry blossom also bloom earlier this year.
by Mike (guest)  

Re: Blooming of Wisteria 2013/3/24 02:19
Please understand that Wisteria is depicted in the Japan-Guide flowering chart as blooming in May.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2423.html

If we take mid-May as the peak, and note that the cherry blossoms are about a week early, then the peak of Wisteria could be May 8th instead of May 15th.

You are probably better off going south to Kyushu to see Wisteria in bloom in April. Yanagawa has their Wisteria Festival in April, and there is a Wisteria Festival in Kitakyushu at the end of April.

I am planning my trip to arrive in Fukuoka on the 23rd, and I am planning to go to Yanagawa on the 24th.

I have three flex days; the 25th, 30th, and May 5th; to visit the Kawachi Fuji Gardens in Kitakyushu.

I plan to decide when I should go to the Fuji Gardens in Kitakyushu on how the Wisteria are blooming in Yanagawa.

I don't know how much flexability you have in your schedule.

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread