Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Nagasaki (2days) + Fukuoka (3days) 2013/7/6 22:33
Hello everyone,
next week (from 12th to 16th) I'm going to Nagasaki and Fukuoka. This is my travel-plan. It would be great if you could tell me, if I can do all the things I have in mind for the days or if my days are to full. Of course recommendations in any kind are always welcome!

NAGASAKI
Day 1 = 12th (arrival about 10'o clock)
- Peace Park
- Dejima
- Chinatowm
- Sofukuji
- Megane-bashi
- Kofukuji

Day 2 = 13th
- Oranda-saka
- Koshibyo
- Oura-Church
- Glover Garden
- (night) Inasa-san

FUKUOKA
Day 3 = 14th (arrival about 11.30)
Daytrip to Dazaifu
- (evening/night) Momochi Seasidepark

Day 4 = 15th
- Yamakaza Festival (about 1:30 looking
for a place to watch)
- Canal City (walking around till I'm awake
enough to go sightseeing
- Ohori Park

Day 5 =16th (departing at 9 pm)

(no plans till know)

Actually I don't quite know what I can do on the evening before the Festival. I have no hostel for this night, so I have to spend my time wandering around^^Is the Momochi Seaside Park a good place for this? Is 1:30 a good time for going to the Festival place? Or is it too late/early?

I'm sorry for all my questions! I hope someone can help me=)
Thank you
Julia

by Jukrah (guest)  

Re: Itinerary Nagasaki (2days) + Fukuoka (3days) 2013/7/7 09:57
Actually I don't quite know what I can do on the evening before the Festival.

There is quiet a bit happening around the festival site (around Kushida Shrine) the entire previous day, including evening. And Canal City is just a ten minute walk away. I would spend my time around there.

I am not familiar with Momochi Seaside Park in the evenings. The shops in Hawks Town seem to be open until 21:00.

I wish you luck with the weather!
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Nagasaki (2days) + Fukuoka (3days) 2013/7/8 08:28
I think you've pretty much covered Nagasaki - it is one of Japan's most interesting cities. Some of the things you listed you will be through in just a few minutes though. If you are interested there is one more place you could add if interested - Gunkanjima. It will take up 3 hours of your day but there is nothing else in Japan like it.
Be sure to try some of the chanpon while in the city.
Fukuoka has a number of places to see also. You can get some idea on:
http://www.tinyurl.com/see-fukuoka
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread