Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

To Noboribetsu 2013/9/16 20:45
I plan to stay at Mahoroba Noboribetsu. I heard that they have a free shuttle bus from Sapporo to Noboribetsu. But the bus leave sapporo on13.15 then reach Noboribetsu around 15.00. I would like to ask some one is it enough time to go Jigokudani, Oyunuma, Ainu and Bear Park.
If time is limit I may skip bear park. (Is it good to see) ?

Or I should pay by my shelf and leave in the morning?
Thank you for your advice!!
by Butsagorn (guest)  

Re: To Noboribetsu 2013/9/17 11:40
Jigokudani and Oyunuma can easily be explored in an hour or 2. I am not aware of any Ainu establishment in Noboribetsu itself. The nearest is Porot Kotan/Shiraoi Ainu Museum which is about 30 km north of Noboribetsu. As for the Bear Park we find it a depressing site and it is one of the rare places in Japan that we regret going. Admittedly it is difficult to see bears up close but watching them begging for food down in the pit almost made us weep. They belong in the wild and we couldn't help thinking what if those were humans down there! A more natural surrounding for seeing bears is Bear Mt. in central Hokkaido.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: To Noboribetsu 2013/9/17 12:08
There isn't much in Shiraoi ainu museum as well. There are few bears and dogs/wolf, few houses with barely any display inside. There are some shows in Japanese which would be less interesting if you don't understand them. There is only one train every 1-2hrs so plan accordingly if you are going.

Jigokudani can be seen in the evening.
by guear rate this post as useful

reply to this thread