Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kagoshima or Ibusuki 2013/9/21 18:33
Hi!
I will be traveling from Nagasaki..
I am bringing my parents.. so we will leave nagasaki in the morning!

The main purpose will be to go to the sand bath!
The thing is... I dont know if we should drop by nagasaki and then go to ibususki, or should i just go to ibusuki striaght from nagasaki.

I have some doubts, because it will be a long train ride from nagasaki. so.. whether i should just go to ibuski striaght (more time to spend there). Because by the time i reach one of the places it would be noon, and i only have a day there! we will be setting off to Kumamoto..

There are few questions before i book my stay:

1. Should i stay a night in kagoshima or ibusuki?

2. Train from nagasaki to kagoshima? or Train from nagasaki to ibuski

3. Whats the difference between a mud bath and sand bath?

4. Any recommendations to stay in Ibuski or Kagoshima?

5. I saw some itineraries that says that we should go for the Sand bath and healthy land! i think i will plan to go both during my half day trip there.... is that enough? or there are more things to do or its too rush..

Thank you for your help!!!!

we will be traveling via public and have luggage.

by beatrice (guest)  

Re: Kagoshima or Ibusuki 2013/9/22 15:31
If you only have a day you can go straight to Ibusuki, but it's always better to spend a night in the prefecture and have 2 days. Doing this, you'll have the opportunity to experience Kagoshima - probably Japan's most polluted city - and Sakurajima - the reason why it's polluted. It's an experience of its own if you haven't seen how a city under an active volcano looks like.
by AlexanderStankov rate this post as useful

reply to this thread