Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kumano kodo - 2 days? 2013/10/11 19:30
Hello!
I am a first time traveller to Japan, and will be there for 2.5 weeks in Nov-Dec.

I'm really interested in walking a part of the kumano kodo trails, and very interested in seeing Nachi Taisha.

Is it possible to do a 2 day hike in the area, stopping to stay for 1 or 2 nights?

What's a good, not super difficult track to take?

I'm also visiting Kyoto and Koyasan, so would it be best to go to hongu or tanabe from one of those locations??

by takulu  

Re: Kumano kodo - 2 days? 2013/10/29 03:29
It sounds like you are into pilgrimages. Kumano Kodo is not the first place in Japan a person usually visits.

I've been to Wakayama peninsula twice but last year, spent more time via rental car to explore the area and really enjoyed the trip. There is an excellent English web site run by a chap in Tanabe; just do a Google search:

http://www.tb-kumano.jp/en/kumano-kodo/

You can easily book accomodations from the site, which is helpful because it is a remote area. You can also book the boat tour down the river. There are specific info on hikes also.

The maguro sashimi/sushi in the area is some of the finest in Japan.
by Guesto (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread