Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/23 01:21
Hello everyone! I am new to the site, and I need a little advice. First some back story, as this seems to be a common trend. About a month ago, I was bored, and decided to make some changes in my life. One of them was to start learning Japanese, as I have wanted to for a long time, but something always held me back. So in my infinite wisdom, I decided to download some chat app on my iPhone and started messaging Japanese girls (not ONLY because they are beautiful, I find it easier to talk to women). One responded. We started chatting a lot, like multiple times a day. Then after a while we moved to Skype. We found ourselves talking about a lot. We have both told each other things we don't even tell our closest friends. We understand each other, we get along, and we have talked about some pretty heavy stuff. It's been f**cking amazing! Eventually, the talk evolved into wanting to see each other, and a little more. Forward to present day, It has been a week since I surprised her with the news that I will be going to Japan for the first time next month. We have made plans to spend as much time as possible together, including her spending a few nights at the hotel with me. I think things may evolve beyond just friends.

This brings me to my question. I told her that I will plan a romantic day for us, and she is excited about the idea. Problem, I don't have any idea where the hell to go! I am looking for suggestions. Like I said, it will be an entire day, so I need as much help as possible. Any suggestions will be heavily considered. Thanks in advance everyone!
by Sneaky Bacon  

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/23 09:21
At first you need to tell us, where are you in Japan. ;)
by Same (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/23 09:27
If you are in Tokyo:

- Get up and have a nice breakfast
- It depends, what she likes. I would make some suggestions. ;)
- go for a walk in a park and take a boat on a lake
- Eat lunch at a small tiny restaurant
- Eat dinner at a Sky restaurant
- Go after sunset to the tokyo tower.
- Take a furrywheel
- Go to "En no Shima".
- Go to Nikko

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/23 21:45
Eating in a restaurant is romantic. But have a whole day in theme parks or Disneyland Tokyo has it's romantic sides too, and it's more fun than just eating and talking. Then try haunted house booth, I think it will be a great time. Hahaha it's a suggestion, it all depends on what kind of romantic you want to prepare for her. Have a great day with her man!
by tobiiDesu rate this post as useful

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/23 23:45
I will be in Tokyo.
by Sneaky Bacon rate this post as useful

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/24 01:26
I like where your head is at. You have helped me greatly! As of right now, my plan is to wake up early and leave the hotel at 8:00 or 9:00 to get breakfast near the hotel (SAKURA HOTEL HATAGAYA), but exactly where is still a mystery. After breakfast, we will Take the train to Ofuna, and ride the Shonan Monorail to Enoshima. When we get to Enoshima, we will see Enoshima Shrine, then walk the Samuel Cocking Botanical Garden, followed by Enoshima Daishi. After that, we will go ring the Love Bell together, and attach a lock with our names written on it to the fence. Then we will go to the observation tower on Enoshima, and get lunch at Lon Cafe, which is close by.

The afternoon is solid enough, now for what to do after. I figure we will probably be done in Enoshima at about 14:00. What to do with the rest of the day is eluding me. I want to cap the night off at either Tokyo Tower, Skytree, or the Metropolitan Observatory.

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/24 03:37
I would love diner somewhere with a view of the city, but I can not afford anywhere that costs 150,000 yen a meal! I would take cozy and low key, somewhere intimate, over something flashy. And something close to one of the viewing points I mentioned.

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/24 04:01

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/24 08:18
Just some more advice: Tell her what you are planning. Japanese doesn't like to be surprised. And she can wear the best clothes.

And at Ennoshima there a lots of stairs. Tell her to wear flat shoes. Otherwise it would be really painful. Furthermore there is a tower, where you will have a good overview. ;)

After 2 pm I would suggest that you are going back to the station and take a break. She will be tired. Eat a cake and drink coffee at one of the shops. Japanese love that!

It would be 4 pm after that. So you can go back by train to Tokyo (it takes one and half hour) and walk to the Tokyo Tower park and later to the Tower. Afterwards restaurant. ;)

Good luck!

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/24 08:19
At the Metropolitan Observatory there is a not expensive italian restaurant. ;) Really great view and good meals. ;)

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/24 21:27
She loves Italian food, so my plan was to find a spot like that! Do you happen to know the name of the restaurant?

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/25 10:48
Don't know. There several restaurants. ;)

Re: Romantic places for a first date 2013/10/25 11:57
The restaurant at the Metropolitan Observatory is "Good View Tokyo".
http://www.luckbag.jp/goodview/

It is quite popular and you should make a reservation to avoid disappointment! ;)
by a cup of tea (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread