Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

haneda to hiroshima, some questions! 2013/12/9 17:44
hello there! :)

I'll be arriving at haneda airport at 5+am. Planning to take a bus down to Shin-Yokohama station, arriving about 7.20am.

I need to exchange in for 3 JR passes using the vouchers I have already, and get on a hikari train to Shin-Osaka at 7.52am. Alternatively, I could catch a 8.20am hikari train to Shin-Kobe.

May i know how long it would take to exchange in for a ticket and get on a train with 3 luggages? Would it be really crowded during these times on these trains? Do I need to reserve for tickets? Would there be enough time to exchange for JR passes, purchase tickets, and get on the train?

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS
by kerri (guest)  

Re: haneda to hiroshima, some questions! 2013/12/10 02:33
It should only takes about 10-15 minutes to exchange if there is no queue line. You could do the seat reservation at the same exchange counter.

I don't think you should fear of missing the train as there is another hikari shinkansen at 8:52am. When you make exchange or seat reservation, they could advise you which train you can make it.
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: haneda to hiroshima, some questions! 2013/12/10 11:53
It depends on your preference, but recommends the Shinkansen than an airplane.
Hiroshima Airport is at the inconvenient position and takes one hour by bus to Hiroshima-city.
There is not a meaning to appear in an airplane.
The Shinkansen ticket reserved seat exchange chooses the most suitable train anytime.

Can't you take a NOZOMI train instead of HIKARI?
If can, I recommend you to choose a NOZOMI directly to Hiroshima St.

by mittan7 rate this post as useful

Re: haneda to hiroshima, some questions! 2013/12/10 13:13
thanks for the advice. hope that there won't be anyone exchanging for JR passes there at that hour! i'm just hoping to reach hiroshima as soon as possible. and yes, not planning to take a plane of course. using the JR pass, so won't be able to take the nozomi. thanks for the advice again :)
by kerri (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread