Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yakushima Forest questions 2013/12/24 05:27
When I visit Japan it is usually in March or November. Of these 2, which would be better for photography? I'm 46 and although I'm not a couch potato, I'm not super athletic. If I wanted an easy hike where I wander a bit, stop and set up a shot, continue, stop, set up, etc etc, which trail should I pick? Also, I've been seeing a photo of a particular spot in Yakushima of a broken rickety plankway going under a skinny tree (not the big tree) and wondered on which trail was it (i can supply a photo from the 'net if needed). Where can I stay while I am there? I want to be close so I can get up early and start snapping.
by Grace (guest)  

Re: Yakushima Forest questions 2014/1/8 13:27
Hi Grace,

Regarding staying on Yakushima I can suggest that you look on the yesyakushima website. They offer a free reservation service.

The scene in question is highly likely to be Shiratani Unsuikyo. This trail is manageable for most, but if you were unsure then we could recommend a native English guide living on the island. Also, if you wanted to escape the crowds and get shots that you won't see splashed around the internet, then a guide could certainly get you off the beaten track. Take a look at the Monkey Island Adventure . com website.
by Steve (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread