Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsumoto - Nikko and question on Nikko 2014/1/19 17:11
Ciao, I have a new question: holding a JR pass which is the best / fast way to move from Matsumoto to Nikko?

Then, We can stay 1 or 2 full days in Nikko, before moving norther (Sendai, next question...) what is in your opinion the best duration of a "good and interesting" stop in Nikko? Grazie (arigato) again ciao.
by Gianni (guest)  

Re: Matsumoto - Nikko and question on Nikko 2014/1/20 09:44
www.hyperdia.com
will answer your time question: uncheck the gNozomi, Hayabusa...h box, as you cannot use them on a JR Pass
I would spend a night in Nikko: we went to Nikko as a day trip from Tokyo, and it was a very full day
So if you are travelling from Matsumoto, and then onto Sendai, you will need at least one night in Nikko, 2 if you want to include Kegon Falls etc
Good luck!
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto - Nikko and question on Nikko 2014/1/20 11:39
They should separate the Nozomi and Mizuho from the Hayabusa on Hyperdia. Tick the Nozomi/Hayabusa square as you ARE able to use the Hayabusa service with a JR Pass. Unfortunately, the Hayabusa doesn't stop at Utsunomiya, where you would get off to use the JR Nikko Line.

You'll have to either got to Shinjuku from Matsumoto and then to Tokyo and Utsunomiya and Nikko or Matsumoto, Nagano, Omiya, Utsunomiya, Nikko.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto - Nikko and question on Nikko 2014/1/20 11:43
Correction: I was wrong about the Hayabusa. All the E5s I've taken (looking at all the tickets) were either Hayate or Yamabiko. I thought there was a Hayabusa in there somewhere, but I rode a Super Komachi instead of a Hayabusa. My apologies for the confusion and incorrect answer.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread