Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fujisan view from domestic flights 2014/2/10 04:33
This question may be hard to answer and definitely impossible for me to research unless I can read Japanese (I cannot). I hope someone may be able to research this and answer it for me.

In May, I will be returning to Japan and I will be taking two domestic flights while I'm there: Sendai to Itami in the early a.m. and Okayama to Haneda in the mid afternoon. I've tried US websites to track the flights, but was unable to see where they actually fly and I'm sure they don't fly as the crow does (direct point to point), so I'm hoping a plane enthusiast would be able to answer the following question: Will I be flying close enough to Fujisan to be able to photograph it from the air?

The Sendai to Itami flight may fly too far north to capture it on the left side of the plane. The Okayama to Haneda flight may use the Pacific Ocean to fly into Haneda, so maybe from the left side of the plane?

If any of you can check any Japanese websites to show the flight paths of JL 2200 and 1688, I would definitely appreciate it!

Of course, I am aware that Fujisan may be clouded over, but one can hope it's a clear day!
by John B digs Japan  

Re: Fujisan view from domestic flights 2014/2/10 09:00
If visibility is good, you will see Mount Fuji on the left side of the plane in the distance on your Sendai-Itami flight.

As for the Okayama-Haneda flight, the mountain will be on the left side. Unless visibility is very bad, you should be able to see it.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fujisan view from domestic flights 2014/2/10 09:04
And once again, thank you for your mountain of knowledge, Uji!
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread