Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita layover activities 2014/2/11 04:11
my flight arrives at Narita at 2:45PM for a connecting flight at 6:50PM. is that enough time to go kill time in Narita city?
What do you suggest I do? Any recommendations on where to eat? Thanks!
by matic  

Re: Narita layover activities 2014/2/11 08:12
I reckon it'd be tight. But if you can, get into Narita. There are some excellent restaurants there, and the temple Naritasan is a massive complex, pretty interesting too.

We ate at an Okinawan restaurant which I think is this one http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g298161-d1681555-Revie...

It had a snake in a jar of sake downstairs, just what you need to work up an appetite. But the Okinawan soba (which is actually not buckwheat) was spectacularly good. And the okami-san was really gorgeous, which didn't hurt. We will go again for sure.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita layover activities 2014/2/11 11:46
Unless you can sleep on the plane you will be totally zonked out. You should be allowed a stopover. Why don't you stopover one day and go into Tokyo?
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Narita layover activities 2014/2/11 13:43
4 hours is the minimum I set for a walk through Narita on a transfer, but it depends on how long it takes to get through immigration and how long it takes for my luggage to show up. If I can get through quickly, I quickly recheck my bags for the domestic flight and then take the Keisei line the one stop into Narita. You can pick up a map of Narita City either at the tourist information at the airport, or at the tourist info counter just outside the Narita JR station.
http://www.city.narita.chiba.jp/english/welcome/s_map_center.html
I usually just walk around the temple area to get life back in my legs and lungs after sitting in a cramped seat for 11 hours. Security at Narita is usually pretty fast, and I've always made it back with plenty of time for the next flight.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita layover activities 2014/2/11 13:48
thanks for the info!

i'm aware of all the immigration process and whatnot as this is my 8th time in Japan. just never been to Narita City and wanted to check out another area if the opportunity was there.
by matic rate this post as useful

reply to this thread