Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Guided 1-day Mt Fuji sunrise tours at night? 2014/2/17 02:11
Hi All

Me and and friend have planned a trip to Tokyo and one of the main agenda is to climb mt Fuji.

We will be checking into Kawaguchiko Station Inn on 2 Jul afternoon and we looking for guided tours that will set off on the same night, bring us to the summit for sunrise and then back to the bottom.

So far all of the tours I found are 2 days tours that required us to start early morning and to take a break in the huts above before the summit push. We do not have the luxury of time as we are leaving the country on 5th jul morning and we would like to keep 4 jul to visit Fuji Q amusement park if possible.

I understand that we could do the hike on our own but we have not been to Japan and are not exactly experienced hikers so we thought for safety reasons we would rather pay for a guide if possible. =)

Will appreciate any advices!

Cheers!

by Holipiggy  

Re: Guided 1-day Mt Fuji sunrise tours at night? 2014/2/17 10:25
As you're not alone, but going with a friend, there's absolutely no need for a guided tour.

Hiking is tiresome and can be extreme for the untrained, but it's possible.

I'm not super fit and I didn't train before hiking Mt. Fuji alone with my brother.
It wasn't a problem at all.

Ok, I speak Japanese more or less fluently, but many people on the mountain huts seem to speak English to some degree as they get a lot of international tourists.

Especially if you're short on time and want to be more flexible, don't use a guided tour.

Just my 2yen. ;)
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Guided 1-day Mt Fuji sunrise tours at night? 2014/2/17 10:55
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html
wear proper clothes and shoes with proper equipments and enough foods for emergency.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread