Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakura nightviewing spots in Kyoto 2014/3/20 02:02
Please suggest some great sakura night-viewing spots in Kyoto preferably around Gion area but NOT Kiyomizu-dera, Kodai-ji, Maruyama park and Heian-jingu as we are already going there for sakura viewing during the daytime and our plan is to have dinner in Gion area.
by Ben (guest)  

Re: Sakura nightviewing spots in Kyoto 2014/3/26 21:45
When are you going? There are a couple of suggestions here

http://www.kyotoguide.com/ver2/thismonth/Cherry-Blossomes.html

We visited Nijo castle a couple of days ago and only a handful of trees had blossomed. The castle and gardens were still breathtaking at night.
by Scott (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura nightviewing spots in Kyoto 2014/3/26 22:25
Going to Kyoto April 4. Thanks Scott, I was hoping for feedback from people who have actually done the nightviewing between today and April 4 as the sakura is just starting to approach full bloom.
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura nightviewing spots in Kyoto 2014/3/26 23:11
Also going to Kyoto on April 4, I'd be interested i knowing too as it's the sole purpose of my visiting Kyoto.
by Darren B rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura nightviewing spots in Kyoto 2014/3/28 21:55
We had a final flying visit to Kyoto yesterday on the way to Kansai airport, and there was more cherry blossom out, along with some hydrangeas too. Another week or so, especially with the warmish weather, and hopefully you'll be in luck.

Hope you have as much fun as we had!
by Scott (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread