Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Walking road Jigokudani 2014/4/5 17:31
Hi,

I watched this video of walking path to Jigokudani :
http://youtu.be/ojUWefCwqhw

I think I'll manage just fine looking at the BIG sign of enterance, but in the video there ISN'T any bilingual signs on the way, It's all in Japanese, so how can I reach the monkey park without being lost ?

Any help will be appreciated
by Hanhanid  

Re: Walking road Jigokudani 2014/4/6 01:01
No lost simple road
just walk around 25min(1.6km).

BTW dont know your travel date
matched best season(late Nov - end Mar)?
If thinking other season zero or a few monkeys worthless.
http://www.jigokudani-yaenkoen.co.jp/livecam/monkey/index.htm
by tensal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Walking road Jigokudani 2014/4/6 01:23
Just stay on the main path and you will be fine. The path is self-contained and doesn't go anywhere else. When you get to the end, you will have a choice of going to the ryokan that is there, or to the monkey park, but as I recall it's totally obvious where you need to go.

I personally do not agree that there is no point in going to the monkey park if it's not winter, unless you buy into the whole "snow monkey" thing and will feel deprived if there is no snow. I have been there several times in May and June and there were always many monkeys around, including in the bath. They feed them year-round there, so they hang around.

That said, I have seen the live cam showing no monkeys plenty of times. Typically, this is when there is little or no water in the bath (the camera only shows the main bathing pool area), but sometimes there's just no one home. I think your chances of not seeing any monkeys at all are pretty small, though. Admittedly, this is based on my own personal experience and on what little I know about the management of the population there.

If there is someone on this forum who has actually been to the park and not seen any monkeys, I would be interested in hearing about it. I suppose it's possible but I'm wondering how often it really happens.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread