Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakata Lantern Festival 2014/4/8 07:56
Hi,
I have been reading up on Hakata Toumyo Lantern Art Festival in Fukuoka in October. I can not seem to figure out when in October it is or if it goes all month long or what. Has anyone ever been? Any tips, hints or added information would be welcome. Never been to Fukuoka and this sounds like a memorable event to see.
by Anne (guest)  

Re: Hakata Lantern Festival 2014/4/8 12:18
My best guess is Saturday, October 18th.

Here is a link to last years Hakata Tomyo:

http://fukuoka-now.com/event/hakata-tomyo-watching-2013/

There is a link on this page. It contained a map to all of the locations that were participating last year. You may try it from time to time, and press the "refresh" button. It may be to be updated for 2014.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakata Lantern Festival 2014/4/8 13:23
That Sat is when I was planning to be in Fukuoka. Would it be possible to see the festival and catch a 8pm Shinkanshen from Hakata station back to Okayama (taking the sunrise at 10:30 from Okayama back to Tokyo)? I know it will be tight, just need to know if it is possible or if I should change my plans to stay the night to truly enjoy the festival. Thank you for all your help
by Anne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakata Lantern Festival 2014/4/8 21:36
Well... You could take the 8:51 PM Hikari to Himeji, and catch the sunrise there.

My guess is that you would be better staying in Fukuoka for the night.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread