Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Western Shinjuku vs. Park Shiba Hotel 2014/4/16 04:57
Hello everyone!

We (husband, myself and my young son) are travelling to Tokyo 2nd week of December. I've been researching where to stay and could not decide which one. I have narrowed it down to two as I could use my credit card points to book the hotel.

For you those of you who have travelled to Tokyo, can you please provide advise whether it is better to stay in Best Western Shinjuku VS Park Shiba Hotel.

Looking forward to all of your responses.
by MJBenito  

Re: Best Western Shinjuku vs. Park Shiba Hotel 2014/4/16 11:22
Last trip we stayed at the Best Western Shinjuku and I would thoroughly recommend it. It is a little difficult to locate (most Japanese you ask don't know where it is), but the position was awesome once you orientate yourself. It was a 10 minute walk to the station along the main street and a konbini just downstairs. Also rear access to the Golden Gai area and our room that we had you could see the top of the nearby shrine.

It is in the "dodgy" part of Shinjuku but we never had any trouble and no noise. Breakfast was pretty good with toast/cereal/eggs/sausages (for some reason onion rings?) and then japanese fare. Laundry and Vending machines in the building was good as well. Really helpful staff who helped us book a lot of day tours and answered our questions and no trouble checking in/out/dropping off bags.

Room size is pretty big compared to the other hotels we stayed in.

It really just depends if you're concerned about being near all the clubs and pubs at night.
by chasingme rate this post as useful

reply to this thread