Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does he really like me? I'm confused 2014/4/20 19:02
It's a bit too long sorry but please help me to answer this question. I am really confused.
I really don't understand what's going on in boys' head let alone a Japanese boy.

well...the story is....

I have ever had a chance to be a short-term exchange student in a high school in Japan for 2 months. The students in my class were really kind to me but I can't speak Japanese that well and they can't speak English well either so we didn't talk much to each other.

Well..get to the point. There was a boy in my class,he's friendly with his classmate 'coz he's a class president but he rarely talked to me. One day I rode a bike pass school's baseball field (He's in baseball club) while he's practicing. Then he suddenly called out my name and waved at me. Everyone was watching me and it's so embarrassing but I still waved back to him without stopping my bike.That's the first confusion but there's nothing special after that and he didn't approach me in anyway so I think it's just normal greeting.

Finally, the time I had to go back home has come. My classmate hold a little-after-school party for me. That's so cute. Everyone wrote cards for me. Here came the second confusion, he also handed me his card. I said thanks. Then I peeped at it, it said "I like you. I miss you. (His Name)". Oh my gosh!! I was speechless. He seemed to act normally throughout the party so I think, he wasn't serious. Just a joke maybe because we barely talked to each other. When the party ended, I saw him chatting with his friends in front of the classroom. Then our eyes met, he step out of the group without saying anything he handed a gift to me (well wrapped but I knew it's a book) without A WORD. I was still confused from previously so I just said "Arigatougosaimous" with my head went blank. He didn't say anything or even asked for my phone number or email. That's it. The Next day, I flew back to my country with a big confusion in my mind. I have been thinking about that since then. I looks like an idiot.

What was he trying to do? Was he just playing games with me? These "What? and Why?" is running through my brain now.
What does this mean? because he didn't asked me if l like him or even asked me for contact information. Dose he really like me? (At that time I was speechless and now it's too late...)
by Tan (guest)  

Re: Does he really like me? I'm confused 2014/4/21 08:23
Oh boy. Answering one of your question. It doesn't seem he's playing game with you. Maybe he do like you in some way or maybe he's just being nice to an exchange student. Japanese are quite kind tto foreigners so it's hard to say if they like you in a friendly way or another. Oh well,you're back in your country so just forget about it, since you got no way to contact him. By the way, if it helps I got a cards saying the same thing from a visitor to my workplace and during school year who's an exchange student. Girls and boy. So it could just be out of kindness. That's just my thought.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does he really like me? I'm confused 2014/4/21 15:21
It's simply he likes you(or he liked you).
No men/boys won't take an action unless they like you.
He understands you are going home shortly so that he wouldn't take any further action.
You should take it as a good memory. There are many or some people who like or love you whom you have never expected.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Does he really like me? I'm confused 2014/4/24 18:02
i think he liked you. He didn't asked you your email bcoz may be he was shy. And I think you liked him too. Otherwise you would not care. :p
by boye (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread