Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is he thinking? 2014/4/28 06:23
Hi, I am new to this site. Hope you will be able to give me a hand...

I met this Japanese guy over the internet about 2 months ago. We have met in person for three times. We get along well. It seems like we have so many things to chat about. I am interested in him... and I think he may be too. However, every each date, he would not text me. When I texted him, he would take his time to reply or sometime no reply.

It has been over a week since I last heard from him. Is this normal? I want to contact him... or will that be a bad move?

Any advices? Thanks in advance! :)

by bluewdlolly (guest)  

Re: What is he thinking? 2014/4/28 08:58
Wow, another "what is this Japanese guy thinking" question.
The answer is simple. EVERY PERSON IS DIFFERENT. You can't group different personalities by race.
You'll find your best answer by asking him, not a freakin' internet forum!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is he thinking? 2014/4/28 22:50
As this person stated, they are NEW TO THIS SITE!

How would they know if someone has asked it before? Instead of attacking them for it, why not politely tell them to look back at previous posts, instead of lashing out at them?

ANYWAY, even though this user lashed out at you for no reason (and can't put his/her name on here), I would have to agree with this user. Every person is different. However, I have had many Japanese people not reply much, but if you met him in person, I would suggest patience. If you do not hear from the person, my advice is to move on. I also met a Japanese person where I met them in person, and after that, I heard from the person once or twice afterwards and nothing more came of it.

Good luck with your situation! :)
by GMKR79 rate this post as useful

Re: What is he thinking? 2014/4/29 00:51
I have the same problem.

To me, I found out this is very complicated and can be confusing. My experience might calm you down and encourage you to seek for answers instead of breaking up. My bf and I are in LDR and we have exchanged a lot of emails for years. However, it's me who always initiate the conversation. He would reply my messages that have questions. If not, he might just leave it.

This made me very sad. I almost gave up. I sent texts lesser and lesser. There are few times I ask him why he never sent me a text first. His answer is he was busy.
I suddenly stopped sending him texts. He did not send any to me neither.

After many months past, I decided to try again. I send him one email and he replied it very fast. I did not expect anything from him and I knew if I ask him about problems in email, he would just ignore it or if he can change the topic, he will.

Later on, I visited Japan. I told him one month ahead that I would be there. He replied to me that he thinks he will be available. Here's the point.

I did not contact him again and he did not ask anything. On the day I arrived there, I was so confused and I was not sure whether I should call him or not. I decided to call him and I was so surprised. He said he thought I would not come since he had never heard anything from
me. I asked him why he did not ask me. He said because he should wait for me. He replied my message and it was my turn to contact him.

Be brave. Follow your heart. If, later on, we, you and me, have to break up with our bfs, we knew that we have done our best.

by p (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is he thinking? 2014/4/29 01:42
GMKR: Her being new to the site is irrelevant. Searching for old posts will not help her get a better understanding on an individual...each person is different and should not be grouped together!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is he thinking? 2014/4/29 05:20
Thanks all for the replies (even for the not-so-friendly ones). I understand every person is unique. I am not trying to stereotype anyone. Of course I have done some searches.. otherwise, I would not have found this site.

From what I have gathered, most of them are shy and won't do the initiation. I know I can't say all J-men are the same. I post my question simply want to understand how the general thinks and want to understand him better. I have not got any Japanese friends... otherwise, I would bug my friends than asking Qs here. Just thought someone could give me some insights of how Japanese guys are like.

If anyone is not happy with this post, you can simply ignore my post and move on.
by bluewdlolly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is he thinking? 2014/4/29 05:24
Thank you GMKR79 and p. I will follow my heart and contact him. Guess there's nothing to lose. Let's hope it will work out fine. :)
by bluewdlolly (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread