Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

fujinomiya or fujiyoshida? traditional climb? 2014/4/29 14:49
I am confused which is the traditional climb for Mt. Fuji at the Sengen Shrine? It is in Fujinomiya or Fujiyoshida City? Everywhere I read each says it is the traditional climb. Can some please help. I want to make sure I start at the right point. Thank you for your help!
by meredith (guest)  

Re: fujinomiya or fujiyoshida? traditional climb? 2014/4/29 17:22
When Kyoto was the capital, the Fujinomiya Trail was the primary trail used to climb Mount Fuji, because it is the most convenient to access from West Japan.

Aside from wanting to attract tourists for tourism revenue, the Fujiyoshida Trail likely calls itself the "traditional" trail, because in modern times it is the most traveled. Now that Tokyo is the capital and the mountain is not so far from Tokyo, both Japanese and foreign tourists typically use this trail.

So the Fujinomiya Trail is the "traditional climb" in the truest sense of the word I'd say.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: fujinomiya or fujiyoshida? traditional climb? 2014/4/30 12:53
Thank you for responding to my question. Your answer makes complete sense to I didn't think of it that way.
by russianscissors rate this post as useful

reply to this thread