Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asahikawa + Furano crowded periods 2014/6/1 01:36
Hello.
I plan on visiting the Furano flower fields as well as the Asahidate Onsen (Daisetsuzan) during my Sapporo visit in early July.

There is a direct train (Lavender Train) from Sapporo to Furano a few times a day.

- Can I use a Japan Railpass on that train?

- Do I need seat reservation for the train?

- Will I not be able to board in Sapporo if the train is crowded? (meaning no seats available)

- When would be the less crowded days?

Also there is a special train from Furano to Biei a few times a day.

- Same as with the Lavender Express, can I use Rail Pass?

- Do I have to reserve a seat?

- Uncrowded days?

Then for the Asahidake onsen, there is a bus from Asahikawa station three times a day.

- Can you make seat reservations or prebuy tickets to make sure to get on the bus?

- Are there any more or less crowded days when I would risk to not be able to board the bus?

- In case I would not be able to ride the last bus from Asahikawa onsen back to Asahikawa, what would I do? (in case of very crowded bus).

Thank you for your help in beforehand!
by Senmon (guest)  

Re: Asahikawa + Furano crowded periods 2014/6/1 09:58
Can I use a Japan Railpass on that train?

Yes.

Do I need seat reservation for the train?

The train carries both reserved and non-reserved seats. So, a reservation is possible but not mandatory.

Will I not be able to board in Sapporo if the train is crowded? (meaning no seats available)

Yes, you can always board the train. In the worst case you won't be able to sit and would have to stand. But early July is not so busy yet, and the train is unlikely to be full especially on regular weekends. Still, I recommend to make advance seat reservations for peace of mind.

When would be the less crowded days?

Regular weekdays.

Also there is a special train from Furano to Biei a few times a day.

- Same as with the Lavender Express, can I use Rail Pass?

Yes.

- Do I have to reserve a seat?

No. Same as the Lavender Express. The train does have both, reserved and non-reserved seating.

Uncrowded days?

Regular weekdays.

- Can you make seat reservations or prebuy tickets to make sure to get on the bus?

No. But don't worry, there will be enough capacity.

Are there any more or less crowded days when I would risk to not be able to board the bus?

Regular weekdays will be less crowded than weekends. But even on weekends the bus company will provide enough capacity for everybody to ride the bus.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Asahikawa + Furano crowded periods 2014/6/1 13:43
Pleasure to hear your answer Uji-san, thank you very much!
by Senmon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread