Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best place to propose? 2014/6/18 00:39
Hello,

My name is Sylen and my girlfriends name is Yumi. She is half Japanese. While she is only half Japanese, her main course of culture that she was raised in was Japanese thanks to her mother. She's lived in Japan and has traveled there many times. We even went together once. I love her with all my heart and would love to ask for her hand in marriage and I would like to do it in Japan. Would anyone have any suggestions of places that is best or have great luck? Thank you very much.
by Sylenxing  

Re: Best place to propose? 2014/6/18 12:19
On top of a mountain? In a garden? Hard to give ideas when we have no idea about you guys...
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to propose? 2014/6/18 22:08
If I remember correctly, somewhere in Shinjuku or Shinbuya you can request a broadcast huge screen media on tower where people walking on street can see it. That could use to surprise a proposal but I would sugguest it to use that in later at night when it less crowded to avoid her nervous. Other than that, you can take her to Tokyo Skytree to have a nice dinner there and reserve table by the glass to see nice view. You can propose her there. There are many way to do that.
by AdventureGuy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to propose? 2014/6/19 08:34
If you've got cash to burn and want romantic dinner-with-a-view style, the Park Hyatt in Shinjuku is iconic. If she likes nature and flowers, there are a ton of flower park-type places, or gardens with beautiful flowers, all around Tokyo depending on where you're coming from.

I guess you have to think about what she likes, what kind of places are her favorites, what is her dream sort of things, then have a better idea of what type of proposal you want to do (baseball game? on the steps of a monument? boating down a river a la Venice?) There are too many options without knowing what she likes, or what you have in mind. It isn't like there is a "Top 3 Proposal Spots in Tokyo!" or anything.

... actually there might be. Have you googled something like that?
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread