Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Opening dates for Fujinomiya Trail 2014/6/18 23:44
From the various posts on Japan Guide I was able to gather that the Yoshida trail will be open from 1-July and the Fujinomiya trail will be open from 10-July.

1. Is this information being updated somewhere? Is there any website where the status of the trail/expected opening is shown?

P.S. I found this website - but it only says early July. There are no dates mentioned.
http://www.fujisan-climb.jp/en/useful/mountain_huts_and_toilets.html

2. I will be leaving Japan 4-July - so currently the Yoshida trail seems to be my only option. Is this correct?

Some background: Am based out of Osaka - so would love to use the Fujinomiya trail - not sure what the opening date really signifies - is it that entire trail is closed? Or is it that only part of the businesses on the trail are open?

Would appreciate any help!!!
by VarunVK  

Re: Opening dates for Fujinomiya Trail 2014/6/19 12:39
Hi there,

The opening dates July 1st - Yoshida trail and July 10th -Fujinomiya, Subashiri and Gotenba trail, refer to the date which the authorities are predicting they will be able to clean up the trails by. Last winter saw a large amount of snow fall on Mt. Fuji, and it is likely that there will still be snow on the trail the first week of July on the Fujinomiya, Subashiri and Gotenba trails.

The dates do not mean that the trail can not be used, it is more a suggestion, not to climb using whichever given trail, before this date.
by FujiMountainGuide rate this post as useful

Re: Opening dates for Fujinomiya Trail 2014/6/19 20:47
Thanks for your response FujiMountainGuide!
by VarunVK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread