Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/21 18:38
Hi! My Japanese friend recently started to say things like "I love you" in English and also h‘åD‚«‚¾‚æh in Japanese towards me. Then, he went on a business trip and came back and he was a little quiet. He still said things like I'm a beautiful person. I also asked who he liked and he said (my name)‚Ì‚±‚Æ Although after talking for awhile, he stopped responding. I'm worried about him and I'm scared I said something wrong? As I'm learning Japanese and maybe offended him in some way? I just don't want to lose him and I really didn't mean to say anything negative... How should I go about this? And how does he mean I love you?
by aya (guest)  

Re: I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/21 20:59
If you would like to tell us more details, we would be better able to help you.
Are your conversations mostly in Japanese or English?
How long since you begun communicating, he begun to tell you that he loves you?
How long have you been communicating?
Is this online communication or real life communication?
Did you tell him "I love you" back?
by xyz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/21 21:22
Our conversations are mainly in Japanese online on Skype but he tries to translate it into English if I'm confused on what he's saying. We've only been talking for about a week so it was really unexpected, he started telling me he loved me about 3 days into the friendship. I haven't told him I love him back yet but I want ed to get to know him better since he's a really nice friend and I did start to develop a small crush. :(. Thank you for your reply.
by aya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/22 05:48
He pretty clearly loves you. If you don't love him back, then you have to accept that he will not want to be around you, at least for some time. Of course you didn't do anything wrong, but you might still lose him. That's life.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/22 11:02
Online and about a week only, i wouldn't take it too seriously. You people move too fast and get dissapointed when they started to dissapear or talk to you less. Sometimes they can say it to more than one girls on the net. Don't be surprise if that's the case.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/22 13:08
Girls demand to hear from their loved one the words they wish to hear repeat and repeat. Whereas guys don't like to say words once they said repeat and repeat.
Once he said to you is true. He still likes you unless he cuts communication with you.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/23 17:40
Sounds like you just kept him company he probably has other foreign girls that were more willing..it looks like he was looking for someone to play romance with him and you dint fill that role for him. Don't feel bad. How old are you btw?
by Oo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/23 19:00
Yeah... I think maybe he was just looking for romance. I think he found another friend that's a girl because he acts differently, more quiet now and things.
I hope we can still be friends though and he doesn't find me irritating. I'm in my early 20's.

Thank you everyone for your responses. ^^
by aya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/23 22:35
You've been communicating online for about a week and after a few days he told you that he loves you?

If he's old enough to be going off on business trips but tells a girl he met online such a thing after just a few days, that alone should be enough to warn you.

I can only assume that you're still young enough to be swayed by his words but when such a thing is said so lightly, it's best to take it lightly too and not to read too much into it.

He may well like you but don't be fooled; this is just playtime for him...
by Saru Bob (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I like him and I'm worried? 2014/6/23 23:53
I agree... these words shouldn't be so easily said. Please don't read too much into his words too quickly. It's easier to say the L-word in a foreign language where the meaning isn't as deeply culturally ingrained.

There's also a habit of 'daisuki' being translated into 'love' when sometimes it isn't the case. Sometimes it really means, 'I really like you and I'd like to get to know you better.'
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread