Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Thru pass, Nara, Koya, Kyoto 2014/6/23 07:22
Hi,
I just discovered Kansai Thru pass which may be better off in my planning. I will stay Osaka in 4-5 days, will visit Nara, Kyoto and Koya (1 night stay).

I thought at first to but the Koyasan World Herritage ticket but maybe this would be a better deal. As I understand it includes buses and subways in Osaka and Kyoto too.

I will be coming in from Kansai airport using Nankai to Namba. May use the Osaka Business Ticket (1500 yen). I suppose the Rapi:t train is not included in the Thru pass.

My calculations come to 4400 yen for the mentioned trips return. Only thing is it wont cover the return trip from Koya (which would be day 4 on the 3 day limit of the pass). I consider using buses and subway in Osaka and Kyoto.

Do you think it would pay off or should I stick to the World Herritage ticket? Or maybe both?
by Helle (guest)  

Transpotation pass: Osaka to Nara, Kyoto, Koyasan 2014/6/26 02:44
With a Koyasan World Heritage Pass + bus passes
: 1120 yen for a roundtrip from Osaka-Namba to Kintetsu-nara.
: 500 yen on a Nara Kotsu 1-day bus pass.
: Roughly 1600 yen for a roundtrip from Osaka City (Namba) to Kyoto City.
: 500 yen on a Kyoto City Bus - Kyoto Bus 1-day bus pass.
: 3400 yen on a Koyasan World Heritage Pass.
: Roughly 7120 yen in total.

With a 3-day Kansai Thru Pass
: 5200 yen on a 3-day Kansai Thru Pass.
: 220 to 590 yen for a bus ride to Koyasan Station bus stop.
: 1720 yen for a trip from Koyasan to Namba
(not including a Ltd. Express charge of "Koya")
: 7140 to 7510 yen in total.

A 3-day Kansai Thru Pass might be better if you visit places in Kyoto and/or Nara which can be accessed with this pass but are outside the bus pass(es). Each of the two bus passes can cover bus rides to many major tourist spots, though.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

P. S.: minor correction and supplement 2014/6/26 02:56
A 3-day Kansai Thru Pass does not cover a Ltd. Express charge of "Koya" for Namba -- Gokurakubashi, which is 780 yen and can be covered by a Koyasan World Heritage Pass (3400 yen version), so the total cost for the latter option is calculated as at least 7920 yen.
A 3-day Kansai Thru Pass is less likely to pay off compared to the above calculation before this correction.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread