Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Mt.Fuji to Kyoto 2014/6/26 06:21
I'm visiting Japan between October 5,2014 and October 13, 2014. I plan on visiting Mt. Fuji on my way from Tokyo to Kyoto and do not plan on staying overnight. I understand that some of the recommended places to see Mt. Fuji is from Lake Kawaguchi and the Hakone area. I'm hoping that I don't have to stay the night. Planning to just stop over, take a few pictures, and then move onto Kyoto.

1) is this on-the-route stop at Kawaguchi or Hakone on my way from Tokyo to Kyoto feasible? Will there be enough time?

2) Which of the two locations (Lake Kawaguchi vs Hakone) is easier to visit as a stopover destination from Tokyo to Kyoto?

3) I plan on getting the JRail Pass; Based on the above, can someone please advise how to get from Kyoto to Lake Kawaguchi or Hakone and then to Kyoto (depending on which one is easier as a stopover destination)?

Thanks! Your help is much appreciated!
by kuopan  

Re: Tokyo to Mt.Fuji to Kyoto 2014/6/26 10:54
Hakone is easier to get to but do try to reach there early like 10am (depart Kyoto around 7am or so), so as to have sufficient time to do the round course. The Lake Ashi cruise and the ropeway in particular end at 4.30pm on so depending on the season.

You might not be able to view Mt Fuji from Hakone though depending on the weather.

Kyoto -- Odawara (purchase 2 Day Hakone Free Pass) -- Hakone-Yumoto -- Odawara -- Tokyo

Check hyperdia for exact train schedule.
by CLLR rate this post as useful

reply to this thread