Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Opinions on Japan itinerary (2 week trip) 2014/6/28 11:25
Hey everyone, I'll be going to Japan for about 2 weeks in mid November and have created a rough itinerary. I'm not a 100% on it and have not yet booked anything, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Just a bit of background about me, I'm a 21 year old female, have lived in Japan for about 10 years when I was a young child but have never been to Tokyo or Kyoto. Basically I want to spend the first half of the trip seeing temples/nature, and for the second half of my trip, I intend to explore the city, do shopping and go to cafes/bars/restaurants.

So here it is. Also, I'll be traveling with my partner and will be departing from Australia.

1.Catch flight from Australia, arrive in Osaka. The flight will be getting to Osaka in the evening, so stay the night there.
2.Travel from Osaka to Hiroshima. Spend afternoon in Miyajima.
3. Climb Mt Misen early in the AM. Travel to Kyoto. See Yasaka shrine and go to Gion for dinner.
4. Eastern Kyoto (Kiyomizu dera, Chion-in, Nazenji temple, Ginkakuji)
5. Arashiyama, Iwatayama Monkey Park, Togetsukyo Bridge, Tenryu-ji temple, Saga toriimoto preserved street for lunch, Adashino Nembutsuji temple, Otagi Nenbutsu-ji
6. Fushimi Inari shrine early in the AM, Nara (Nara Park, Todai-ji). Travel to Tokyo.
7. Shinjuku
8. Harajuku
9. Asakusa, Akihabara
10. Shibuya, Ginza
11. Ghibli museum, Kichijoji
12. Shimokitazawa
13. Tokyo Disneyland
14. Free day to explore Tokyo
15 Free day to explore Tokyo
16. Catch flight back to Australia

Few things: Do days 4 and 5 sound too jam-packed with temples and shrines or would I be able to fit them all in without having to rush? Should I travel to Tokyo from Nara or just go back to Kyoto and travel to Tokyo from there the next morning? Should I get a JR Pass? Does this itinerary sound reasonable?

Thanks all! :)

by Angy1124  

Re: Opinions on Japan itinerary (2 week trip) 2014/6/28 13:26
I think you should be spending at least one if not two more days in Kyoto so that you can enjoy the temples at a relaxed pace. You probably could combine Shinjuku/Harajuku/Shibuya to a single day and Asakusa/Akihabara/Ginza as well.
by ed (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread