Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel in Osaka for 5d4n 2014/6/28 18:32
Hi,

Would like to get some help in the rail pass. Kind of headache where too many choice to choose and not sure which to choose.

Let me tell you my route 1st.
1st day-arrive at KIX airport 8am will take train to Namba(Nankai) and take subway to Yodoyabashi where the hotel is nearby there. 1st day will be in sight seeing in Osaka.

2nd day-take train to Kyoto and travel around Kyoto for whole day, late evening travel back to Yodoyabashi.

3rd day-take train to Nara and travel around and go back to Yodoyabashi.

4th day-Universal Studio which is whole day

5th day-Osaka back to Kansai airport.

Can you advice me which train ticket/rail pass is more suitable and affordable for me to purchase?
by Wilsonnel  

Re: your itinerary 2014/6/29 13:18
Which places in Osaka, Kyoto and Nara do you have in mind for Days 1 - 3?
Depending on your destinations on Day 1, logically a 3-day Kansai Thru Pass (5200 yen per adult) may pay off on Days 1 - 3, though I suppose not.

1st day - arrive at KIX airport 8am will take train to Namba (Nankai) and take subway to Yodoyabashi
5th day - Osaka back to Kansai airport.

You can use a Kanku Chikatoku Ticket (1000 yen per adult), which is available at a ticket vending machine, to travel by Nankai and Osaka Municipal Subway from/to Kansai-airport to/from Yodoyabashi with a transfer in Namba.
To take a Nankai Ltd. Express Rapi:t Beta, whose seats require reservation, you should pay 510 yen in addition.

Yodoyabashi Station of Osaka Municipal Subway is on Midosuji Line.
Also Keihan has Yodoyabashi Station.

Your routes to Kyoto Station and Universal-City Station may depend on whether your hotel is also near Yodoyabashi Station of Keihan.

For your Nara trip, you can choose a Nara - Ikaruga 1-day Ticket (1650 yen), which is available in the station masterfs office (near North Gate) / the commuter pass sales office (outside South Gate) of subway Yodoyabashi Station.
This pass can cover your train rides on Osaka Municipal Subway lines and on some Kintetsu sections including Osaka-Namba -- Kintetsu-nara, also your bus rides in three areas on Nara Kotsu bus lines including the area around Nara Park.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread