Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accomodation near Tsukiji Fish Market 2014/7/1 05:43
Hello all,

I have in mind to go to the Tuna action but I heard I need to be outside VERY early so, avoiding the very expensive taxis, I was thinking if there is any cheap hotel/hostel near Tsukiji Fish Market,even a Manga Kissa would be okay to me.
if you have other options, please tell me.

Let me know thanks!
by Sputnikboy  

Re: Accomodation near Tsukiji Fish Market 2014/7/1 12:21
There's some reasonable hotels around Ginza that are within walking distance of Tsukiji in the morning. Try the Hotel Ginza Daiei which is about 8000 yen for a double. You can find cheaper, but the places I came across were starting to get far enough away from Tsukiji that the savings gets offset by the taxi fare.

http://www.ginza-daiei.co.jp/english/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation near Tsukiji Fish Market 2014/7/1 13:56
by hong (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation near Tsukiji Fish Market 2014/7/1 14:53
I tried the com-com near Tsukiji and it was horrible. It was very smoky and had the least comfortable chairs I've ever seen in a manga-kissa... I went there because some blogger recommended it... either they changed it, or I found the wrong one - it is a chain-, but it was really no good.

There are several 24/7 restaurants around there, like "Jonathan's" or "Denny's", just get a meal and iirc refills on drinks were free.

Finally what I highly recommend, there are "posh manga-kissa"... it's kind of like a manga-kissa but more with games and I think aimed at older clientele (as in, people in their late 20s or 30s), but it was not much more expensive for the same deal as a regular manga-kissa. I remember we randomly found one near the huge KBox place, but it was all in Japanese and I wouldn't know how to describe it....

In anycase, yes, be there extra early: we arrived at 4:15 and were already in the second group. This was in early September, so towards the end of tourist season too...
by dokobot rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation near Tsukiji Fish Market 2014/7/1 17:53
Thanks all, these infos are very precious. Once I'm there I will decide the best option, but the manga kissa seems like exactly what I had in mind.
by Sputnikboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread