Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what item did i need to bring? 2014/7/5 16:13
Hello...i will travel to tokyo on 2 dec until 6 dec 2014,what kind of winter clothing that i need to bring??is it cold enough so that i need to wear hot pack and thick winter clothing??and did i need to wear long john??
by hanna shin (guest)  

Re: what item did i need to bring? 2014/7/5 18:36
It depends on the kind of weather that you are used to, your tolerance level, and what you prefer to wear.

If you don't already know, the winters are getting colder and the summers are getting hotter with each year.

Long Johns don't take up much space so I would pack them in if I wear you.

Also, I wouldn't pack many pure cotton items. If you're out and about all day (and/or lugging your baggage), you can still perspire quite easily and cotton clothes just don't dry and you can get colder instead. Also, its very warm indoors in malls and trains so you will want your outer layer(s) to be easily removable. Your most outer layer should also offer at least some wind resistance.

When (and if) it snows, do use an umbrella. Its not cold enough for snow to remain as snow when it hits you and you don't want to be wet in the cold.

You might want to check your shoes too. Again, due to the possible snow/sleet/water, it can be rather easy to slip. Rubber soles that have not thinned out and a bit of weatherproofing will do. You don't need special gear.

I remember watching the morning news once where they even had to remind Tokyo-ites how to walk in such conditions.

Having said all this, some people would still rather risk being cold and tackle slippery roads to look cool. You don't want to be freezing and falling down on your holiday though.

Stay safe and have a good trip.
by hitori rate this post as useful

reply to this thread