Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima itinerary 2014/7/5 18:48
Hi guys,

I'm visiting Japan later this year with a group, and I'm drafting up an itinerary for our Hiroshima visit. Would the experts here be kind enough to look at the below 1.5 day plan and let me know if this is doable, or if i'm missing anything:

DAY 1:

Check-out from Tokyo
Tokyo To Hiroshima
Arrive at Hiroshima & check-in
Explore Hiroshima / shopping at Hondori
Dinner
Spend Night in Hiroshima

DAY 2:

Breakfast
Explore Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
- Peace Memorial Museum
- A-Bomb Dome 
- Peace Park
- Hiroshima Castle 
- Gokoku Shrine
- Hiroshima Museum of Art
Lunch at Okonomi-mura
Ferry to Miyajima
Explore Miyahima, Torii Gate, and Itsukushima Shrine
Ropeway to Mount Misen
Daisho-in Temple
Return to Hiroshima
Dinner
Spend Night in Hiroshima

Does this look good?

Thanks in advance! :)
by Waleed (guest)  

Re: Hiroshima itinerary 2014/7/6 11:10
Day 2 sounds a bit too full. I would spend a day in Miyajima. The trek up Mt. Misen could take a while.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima itinerary 2014/7/6 23:10
The second day is way too busy.

The Peace Museum and Peace Park take a long time to see themselves.

Many people would fill the day just with that, the castle and Gokoku Shrine. Even adding the Museum of Art could be difficult.

Your Miyajima schedule is also better for a full day.

Some people are able do the Peace Park and Miyajima in a single day, but it is a fast-paced day and they mainly just get to visit Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima and the Peace Park and Museum. There is not much time for other sites.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima itinerary 2014/7/7 03:07
If you wake up early enough on Day 1, you can do much more that day. Try adding some of your Hiroshima sites that day (Peace park & Museum for example would make your Day 2 way easier)
by Aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima itinerary 2014/7/9 05:55
Mostly agree with the above - you need to rearrange things a bit to put more on your first day. You don't give any times for it either - you may be able to leave your bags at your hotel, but most places won't let you check in til mid-afternoon at the earliest.
As far as time goes, you can see Miyajima in 5-6 hours if you don't linger. The A-Bomb museum, Peace Park etc are all together, so it doesn't take a long time to see leisurely.
You are missing a few nice places in HIroshima, if you are interested. Shukkeien Garden is very beautiful, and Mitakidera is a nice and off the beaten trail temple.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread