Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transportation advice around Hiroshima - Kobe 2014/7/22 15:14
Hi All, I'm planning to travel between Hiroshima and Kobe in October this year, (about 8-10 days), and would like to seek everyone's advice on the transportation arrangements.

I have checked out the available passes, particular the Sanyo Area Pass, however, it doesn't look very attractive to me, especially the 4-days restriction and also since travelling seems to be done more by local trains around Hiroshima.

I'll be flying in and out at Kansai Airport. Tentatively, my travel plan is to:

1. Osaka to Hiroshima (overnight bus)
2. Stay 2-3 nights at Hiroshima - how many nights would you recommend?
- Visit Miyajima (1 day pass)
- Iwakuni (local train)
3. Hiroshima to Mihara via Kure (local train)
Visit Onomichi (stay 1 night)
4. Visit Kurashiki - Okayama - Kobe (will be visiting a friend at Kobe, so no sightseeing around the area)

I'll like to go to an Onsen too, perhaps either at Kinosaki Onsen or Wakayama area. I'm undecided still.

I'm thinking of combining Kansai Wide Pass and paying individual fares for the local trains, but just wondering if there is any other better ways to do this trip?

I have considered the seishun 18 kippu as well, but I would have go by Sept which is too soon! :P

Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you! ^_^

by Sue (guest)  

Re: Transportation advice around Hiroshima - Kobe 2014/7/22 16:41
I don't think any pass will pay off with that itinerary. You will probably have to buy individual tickets as you go.
by Aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread