Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kid at Tsuiji 2014/7/24 19:19
My work takes me to Japan every once in a while, so this will not be my first trip to Japan. But this time I will take a little more time off than usual off and my husband and out 18th month old daughter will join me.
Tsuiji market is really one of my favourite places in Tokyo, and I would hate my husband to miss it.
My understanding is that small children are not necessary appropriate in the market, even if they (as in this case) would be carried in baby back-carrier (one of those baby backpack basically). So she would not be on the floor.
I would still hesitate to bring her in, and I think it is better we wait outside. Whereas my husband line of thinking is more that with her on our back nobody will even notice and we should do things as a family.
I feel like I asking you something I already know… But I would greatly appreciate a second opinion here. If nothing else it would help me resolve this minor spat with the hubby. :-)
by AstridB  

Re: Kid at Tsuiji 2014/7/25 08:41
People with infants or babies are asked to refrain from visiting the inner market. It would be great if you could persuade your husband to follow the rules.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kid at Tsuiji 2014/7/25 09:11
why don't you wander around the outer market while he looks at the inner market?
by hh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kid at Tsuiji 2014/7/25 16:54
You may already know, but Tsukiji Wholesale Market is a business centre, which is not designed for any sightseeing purpose. Visiting it as a family is never expected originally. I cannot but agree with the suggestion of Uji that you persuade your husband.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Kid at Tsuiji 2014/7/30 08:32
A sincere thank you for taking your time to read and respond.
I think my husband somehow think this is more like Borough Market (a more tourist friendly market here in London, where the baby carrier comes very handy), but with more seafood. Perhaps I have not explained the industrial scale well enough.
But no need to worry, I will make sure the little one stay outside with either of us. I really enjoy the outer market too.
by AstridB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kid at Tsuiji 2014/7/30 09:20
Babies are not permitted to enter inside the market. This is no penalty but the market warns you to do so. Tsukiji is not a sightseeing spot, it's a trading place where seller & buyers work.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread