Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Two Q's - Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto, Osaka + Hiros 2014/8/1 01:33
Hello guys,

I plan to be staying in Japan from the 23rd Nov - 13 Dec, which is around 20 days.

During this time we are looking to go to the following cities: Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima.

I have a couple of questions regarding the compilations of cities that have chosen.

Firstly, roughly how many days/nights would you set aside for each city keeping in mind the time constraint of 20 days?

Secondly, do you think it would be worth purchasing a JR Pass (National) for 21 days at a cost of ~60000 JYP.

Thank you
by Jonathan (guest)  

Re: Two Q's - Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto, Osaka + Hiros 2014/8/1 16:39
This all depends on what you, as a traveller, like to do and see, and also what airport/s you're flying in/out of. If you tell us you arrival and departure information and the kinds of things you like (temples? nature? modern cities? history? etc.), we could help suggest itineraries. Also, definitely have a look at the suggested itineraries on this website (use the search bar) - they're really detailed and useful for just starting to plan. You can also use Hyperdia (hyperdia.com/en/)to calculate train fares to help you decide if a JR pass will be worth it.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Two Q's - Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto, Osaka + Hiros 2014/8/1 16:41
P.S. If you want to see a festival while you're in Japan, there's the Chicibu Night Festival about 90 minutes outside of Tokyo on the 2nd and 3rd of December, with the main activities happening on the 3rd. I'm planning on going and it looks fantastic!

P.P.S. If you're looking to be around Osaka or Kyoto on the weekend of the 23rd, start looking for accommodation NOW. It's a public holiday weekend and is booking up fast - I booked a month ago and was having trouble then!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Two Q's - Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto, Osaka + Hiros 2014/8/1 17:46
Hello Sq,

Thank you for the response and I'm sorry for leaving some of the details that you mentioned.

I will be travelling with three others and we will be arriving on the 23rd Nov at Tokyo (Narita) Airport. We depart Japan at 5:30PM from Tokyo (Narita) on the 13th Dec. I will be travelling mainly with one other person. As travelers we are interested in experiencing modern city/technology, ancient history (temple/shrines) and for a few nights experience some of the nightlife of Tokyo/Osaka. We are also interested in going to Mount Koya.

I just made a quick search on the itineraries and the results that have came up are amazing resources. Thank you for sharing that.

Kind regards,

Jonathan.
by Jonathan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread