Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What happened? I want to know. I'm shattered 2014/8/3 11:27
I met this Japanese guy online and we clicked right away, he's very sweet and I was attached to him even if we haven't met each other yet. I'm separated with 1 child and he knows everything, we chat eachother everyday from good morning to goodnight and he even asked to add me on facebook. We communicate everyday and would talk about eachothers daily activity , to what food were eating. I never demanded for anything
From him, I didn't ask any money or material things. Wr were communicating everyday for 5 months and planning to meet August ,he will come to my Country, everything was planned. Till 2 weeks before the set date, he became cold and less responsive prompting me to ask if were still on for the meet up, without a warning he cancelled, telling me he's not sure and can't promise if he can come and would like to cancel because he must change his work schedule , saying sorry and take cate. I was shattered, hurt and blank. I cried my heart out that night, I don't know what went wrong, I don't know why it's easy for him to just cancel everything. It's been a week and were supposed to meet next week, I'm keeping myself busy not to remember anything about the plans and the person. Now, I don't know if I can trust guys again. Everything is hanging, i think he blocked me on his messengers already. Were friends on facebook. How can I forgive him? What do you think is the main reason for he cancelled? I need answers.. Should I message him and ask him what's the main reason? I think I deserve to know..
by Confusedandshattered (guest)  

Re: What happened? I want to know. I'm shattered 2014/8/3 18:19
He probably just changed his mind. Talk is cheap, you shouldn't have believed he would come before seeing him in person.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: What happened? I want to know. I'm shattered 2014/8/3 19:05
Sorry to hear about your situation.
Might be I am wrong, but at first he was your friend out of sympathy about your marital situation, to help you cheer, be happy.
Later when he realized you are taking it in a different sense he changed his mind.

Misunderstanding is something in which neither you are to blame yourself nor him, and reasons for it to arise are distances and insufficient explanations.

I don't know if I can trust guys again.
Never rely on someone to the extent that you can't live without them.
Hope you get over him.
by TheBlackRaven (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What happened? I want to know. I'm shattered 2014/8/3 22:58
He might be telling you the truth about work schedule. Japanese men take their work very seriously, my boyfriend couldn't take a vacation to visit me sometimes so I visited him. Even while I was there he couldn't take much days off so I spend time at his office and sometimes with his mother. Anyway don't take it too hard on yourself and never take a person words too seriously if you haven't met them yet. If he have other reason than what he stated, I don't think he will tell you to avoid hurting someone feeling or a confontation. Take it easy and take care.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What happened? I want to know. I'm shattered 2014/8/3 23:54
( Looking at it rationally ) : I would have to agree with Firas.

( Looking at it from the bright side ) : It may be that as the meeting date started to approach, he just panicked about the whole thing and started to doubt/question his own feelings/decision and your future with each other. So, he may be kinda confused too atm.

Of course, you can always ask him ( even purely to get a clean closer and be able to stop wondering/worrying ). Though, be prepared, he may not reply at all ( Most guys don't want to talk when they are confused/etc until they can process the situation in their own mind first - It also could simply mean that he is ignoring you for no good reason ). Or, he may reply with something you wouldn't want to read/hear.

If he ends up being a player, don't ruin your face over him by crying. Give yourself time to get over him, and look elsewhere. Seeing few rotten fishes doesn't mean the whole ocean is polluted.

I hope it turns out well for you.
by Minerva (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What happened? I want to know. I'm shattered 2014/8/4 09:19
Everyone here does have interesting point. I would like to know where you both live. Does he live in Japan and you live in another country? If so, I can understand his position on canceling. He may not have the money to travel or after he thought about it and step back and look at everything knew that this trip would not work because of his job and money situation or what TheBlackRaven said.

I do agree with dot, dot, dot, Japanese men do work their butt off. I remember reading something about it online. Japan-talk.com has something on it but sadly I cannot find it.

Maybe itfs a good thing he did not come. If you went to Japan to see him and you already bought your ticket and he cancel on you I can understand why youfre crying. There are people on here who have posted on this forum where they travel to Japan to visit and to meet their pen pal and their pen pal has cancel on them while there are out there. But they didnft care because there were able to have a great trip.

Let it go and Move on.

One more thing, you said that you believe he block you. If you do message him and he does not reply, I would strongly recommend that you delete him from your facebook. Ifm not saying this because he blocked you; Ifm saying this because itfs easier for the both of you. If I know Japanese people they wonft delete people from their social media network and you will always be there. I think that it best you delete him.
by Seiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What happened? I want to know. I'm shattered 2014/8/4 10:44
Thank you for all your comments and advice, I'm starting to be ok. Everything is all good while it last I believe. I have come to my senses that what we have is fantasy I've created in my head. Now, I'm back to my reality and even if it's sad that it has to end this way, I'm moving on.. :)
by Confusedandshatterred (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What happened? I want to know. I'm shattered 2014/8/4 12:05
Confusedandshatterred-
It seems this all happened recently and very sudden. If the time that he was just a couple weeks before he was supposed to visit, maybe his work would not allow him to take time to visit. He could be nervous about travelling to meet someone he does not know well. There are many legitimate reasons.
His awkwardness and him not responding could be from embarrassment and feeling he disappointed you.
It could also be he has second thoughts or even that his friends have told him that something bad may happen if he goes.
If you live in US,for example, he may feel the way some people do and is afraid he will not be safe there. I know I do not feel as safe as I do back in Japan.
It is important to realize that people often have things come up with work and if your reaction was strong to the news he cannot come, he may feel even worse and avoid responding.
The best thing is to be patient. It is not unusual for someone to take a week or a couple weeks to respond, especially when they have a job or stress. I think in other cultures, people are too quick to respond or talk about their stresses, especially on social media.
Do not delete him from your Facebook. Wait for a reply. If none comes in a month or so, then maybe ask if he is ok, that you are worried and maybe ask if he still wants to be friends. You can check if he has block you by looking at past messages. If he blocked, his name is in black instead of blue.
I hope things will be ok. Patience is very important, I think with people, especially with Japanese men compared to American men.
by hirosumi rate this post as useful

Re: What happened? I want to know. I'm shattered 2014/8/4 20:36
Well, maybe its a blessing in disguise that we won't meet I just might end up really loving him and hurting even more. I'm just hurt because I was attached to the person and he acted as if he care and just cut off communication right away. I don't wanna give him the benefit of the doubt right now, I'm starting to think he's a player... Oh well!
by Confusedandshattered (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread