Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How should I tell him? 2014/8/5 23:43
I met a Japanese guy through a language exchange site, and Ifm really interested in him.
Hefs always super friendly, happy, and kind. Our personalities are pretty different, hefs outgoing and an extrovert, while Ifm really shy and bit of an introvert. But opposite attract donft they? xD

I usually donft talk much to anyone, but hefs super comfortable and easy for me to talk to, so I actually consider him my best friend. But even though hefs easy for me to talk to, I still get lost for words when wefre Skyping, and usually blush because I have no idea what to say. He calls me cute a lot, usually after I do that.

He has told me that he doesnft have a girlfriend, and that he hasnft dated anyone since his early 20s (hefs 27 almost 28, and Ifm 22 soon to be 23.) He asked about my past boyfriends, and I told him that there hasnft been any. xD

We havenft met in person yet, but he moving to Illinois in September and I live in Indiana, so wefll be a 2 hours drive apart, and he wants to meet in person.

Because Ifm really shy, I donft how to tell that I like him, any advice?
by BlueSky91 (guest)  

Re: How should I tell him? 2014/8/6 12:17
My advice to you is keep good friendship first.
It's an extremely difficult to keep good friendship between pen-pal and/or online friends.

If you are willing to meet him, take your friends together. It's better not meet him one by one basis despite he is a good person. It's better not to say that "I like you", it's better to say that "I feel you are a former classmates".
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: How should I tell him? 2014/8/6 22:36
I think you gave me the same advice in my thread "tokyo friend" but I allowed you because I was uncertain in my situation.

I agree that you should hold off for a while however. Knowing someone online is different from meeting them in person.

Granted, I guess I'm being a bit of a hypocrit here because I actually confessed to someone online that I liked them. He wasn't Japanese but we'd been corresponding for a year before I told him how I felt. When I did, I met him in person for the first time and we were together for 8 months. Despite this, we are still friends to this day so I know how you feel.

I would still say meet him in person first, with friends or alone but in a public place. Please note however that in Japanese culture, it's very rare that men and women meet alone together outside of a dating scenario but your friend might be an exception.

If you still really like him, then the only thing you can do is tell him. If it's easier for you, you can do it online.
by Jemineye rate this post as useful

reply to this thread