Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I don't understand... 2014/8/7 21:50
So... Somebody, help me to understand her. A few month ago, I met Japanese girl. We talked a lot, it was very funny, we spent a really much time together, and from June 14 she began to call herself my girlfriend. Looks like I fell in love, too much... We talked without quarrels, always were friendly, every day told for each other 'I love you' , sometimes a few.But... The day before yesterday... She wasn't in LINE, where we talked. Yesterday, she came, and said that her parents forbidden to use phone, because she used it often, forever. She said that she can't to use phone anymore, and said something about 'goodbye forever, sorry'... It was too cold, and short... Too much... We spent time too nice, and she said goodbye so cold... Last days we also sent hearts for each other, laughed, etc... So, what the hell.. I feel myself too bad, after this. We wanted to be together in real life, when I come to Japan, but... Why so cold... Or I'm stupid romantic, or really if she wanted, she could to find the way, to talk with me... Before, I really saw that she loves me, but now, too cold... Can I have the hope to see her again? Or, all the Japanese are so cold, changeable? Somebody been in such situation ?
by 51223262362635  

Re: I don't understand... 2014/8/8 08:57
Is she a teen high school student?
The most parents of teen strictly control phone use. This is because they don't study at all while they are using phone.
Or this might be a reason that she says Good bye to you. Because she can't say that she doesn't like you. Only she knows the truth.
A Japanese classic proverb says "An autumn sky with girls' mind". This mean that girls' mind is changeable like a autumn sky.
(note: An autumn sky or weather is changeable in Japan).
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: I don't understand... 2014/8/8 09:17
Yes, but almost 18 y.o., so, soon University, and so on... Me too. First time for 5 years, I allowed myself to become attached to the girl, and this... Probably I never can love anymore. Maybe it was my mistake, and I had to talk with her not so much, just... I was happy, again, first time for the last about 10 years. And... So... Anyway, thanks.
by 51223262362635 rate this post as useful

Re: I don't understand... 2014/8/8 09:54
almost 18yo - so young and thinking of living together? That's puppy love
Google - there's a song with that name.
Grow up.
A decade or three from now, you'll look back and laugh at this pasing phase or rite-of-passage through adolescence to manhood.
Focus on your study and graduate and then perhaps rekindle this relationship that her mother likely approves.

tokyo friend 48 said a girls' mind is changeable like a autumn sky.
I think the apt metaphor is the sakura: the cherry blossom blooms for a week or so and soon fades.

Cheers, be a man not a mouse
by Yet Another (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I don't understand... 2014/8/8 10:10
I think the problem comes from that you try to understand her behavior only by your common sense. your common sense is not universal. it may be true only in your country.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I don't understand... 2014/8/8 10:14
Mmmm, I meant, we wanted to walks, go to cinema, etc, together. To live together we wanted after University.
Maybe... Yep, she told about me for her mother (And showed, because of this I was not very glad), and she said, her mother approves, supports us.

Japanese, I'm so sorry that I wrote 'Japanese are cold, changeable', I didn't, I was very sad. And now, but doesn't matter.I respect you.

Re: I don't understand... 2014/8/8 10:19
I don't think she wanted to be cold, and doubt she lied about loving you. As for changing her mind, it is possible, but since it was so sudden ( over 2days ) I don't think that is the case. My guess is that what she said is true. Japanese parents are very strict, specially about their daughters. 17-18 is not the age girls can do whatever they want. If her parents forbid her to use the phone, there is not much she can do about it. She may be in a bad spot right now, as sad and heart broken as you are. If she sounded cold, she perhaps just wanted to end it quickly so that it would hurt less for the both of you. Saying goodbye is not always an easy thing to do.

Did she say they forbid her to use just phone/line or net as well? You two can keep in touch by email and messenger ( or even snail mail ) if you like each other that much. Also, if you are going to Japan anytime soon, let her know somehow so maybe you get to meet up ( specially if her mom already knows about you and approves your relationship )

Anyways, I know it hurts really badly right now, but whatever happens, believe me, this is not the end of the world.
by Minerva (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I don't understand... 2014/8/8 10:29
And thank you so much for advices, I think, I will try to revive it after study...

reply to this thread