Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Single-entry Temporary visitor visa query? 2014/8/10 15:28
If a person holds a single entry 90 days temporary visitor valid visa from August to November, does that mean he has to enter Japan from August if he intends to stay in Japan for the maximum given time (90 days) or he can enter Japan whenever he wants as long as the visa is valid and tell the immigration officer he intends to stay in Japan for 90 days even if the visa will expire the next week.

I hope you get my question and I'm hoping for response to this curiosity. Thank you!
by H2oM (guest)  

Re: Single-entry Temporary visitor visa query? 2014/8/10 17:10
I assume it was just recently issued, correct?
I believe that single-entry visa is valid for three months from the issuance date. So you need to enter Japan during that period, meaning, some time between now and November.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Single-entry Temporary visitor visa query? 2014/8/10 21:00
So I can still expect for a "90 day - stay permit stamp" given at the airport by immigration officers even if I enter Japan by November?
by H2oM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Single-entry Temporary visitor visa query? 2014/8/10 23:57
Your last question is not clear. Most countries people are given the visa at the airport when they enter Japan. It is good for 90 days from that date.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Single-entry Temporary visitor visa query? 2014/8/11 08:45
Dick H,
From the original poster's question, I am assuming that he/she is from a country where he/she needs to apply for a Temporary Visitor visa for 90 days ahead of time, which he did, valid from August to November.

H2oM,
Yes, as far as I know, that is what happens.

Re: Single-entry Temporary visitor visa query? 2014/8/11 10:38
Thank you, AK :)
by H2oM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Single-entry Temporary visitor visa query? 2014/8/11 11:41
If a person holds a single entry 90 days temporary visitor valid visa from August to November, does that mean he has to enter Japan from August if he intends to stay in Japan for the maximum given time (90 days)

No, as mentioned, the entry period is different from the length of stay. With those details, you can enter as late as August and will then can stay for 90 days from that date.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Single-entry Temporary visitor visa query? 2014/8/11 11:44
yllwsmrf,

You mean, as late as November?? I understand the "validity of visa" to be the period you can ENTER Japan, so if it is valid from August to November, I understand that he can enter as late as November, and stay for 90 days.

Re: Single-entry Temporary visitor visa query? 2014/8/11 11:46
Oop, yes, I meant November. Thanks AK!
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread