Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good travel itinerary 2014/8/20 01:48
Hello,
I'm planning a trip for 4 people ( 3 adults and 1 teen) to Japan in March. I did quite a lot of research and came up with this itinerary:
(From 27 March to 6 april)

27th March: Arrival at Narita airport. Trip to Kyoto

27th-30th March: Kyoto

30th-31st March : Osaka (arrive early, depart late)

31st March to 1st April: Mt koya (temple lodging)

1st to 6th April: Tokyo

6th April: Departure

I'd like to know what do you think of my itinerary and if it's necessary to arrange the days in another way or id it's fine this way. I haven't booked any hotels yet.

Also: I'm planning on renting an apartment in Tokyo, since it's cheaper. How does that sound?

Thank you very much!
by Lyneais  

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/20 09:23
Why don't you just fly into Kansai instead of into Narita, then traveling down to Kyoto on the same day?
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/20 09:29
If you're flying into and out of Narita, then it's recommended to get the 7 day JR Pass, as it will pay off for your round trip to and from Tokyo.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/20 15:35
If I am you,
27th-2th(First 7 days):
I purchase 7 days JR pass and visiting further place like a Kyoto, Osaka, Koya and Hiroshima, Nara etc..
3th-Finalday: Back to Tokyo and visiting any Tokyo spots then depatyre from Narita Airport.

I know some reference site if it help you.
http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en001.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400.html
http://visitjapaninfo.weebly.com/

by Marvin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/20 22:35
I can't fly to the Kansai airport because from my city that's 150€ more expensive..
I'm thinking of buying the 14 day Jr pass, so I can use it for as long as I want while I'm there, and avoid any problems
by Lyneais rate this post as useful

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/20 23:34
Yeah KIX fare from Australia are much dearer too, quite a shame.

As for your schedule looks good, you might struggle to find things to do over that last week in Tokyo though, but you can make day trips to Hakone/Kamakura/Nikko/Yamadera if you want. Personally I'd just spend 1-2 days max in Tokyo itself and put the other days to something else.
by TheTripod rate this post as useful

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/20 23:41
Does anybody ever answer "oh I hadn't thought ot that" when asked "why don't you fly into KIX"?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/21 00:08
DO NOT get the 14 day pass. It is absolutely useless and a waste of money in the Tokyo area.
As already stated, the 7 day pass will pay off for your trip to Kansai and back.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/21 04:31
Then if I buy the 7 day JR pass and activate once I get there,it will expire once I go back to Tokyo and I'll have to buy a NEX ticket to go to Narita right? Yeah I guess that'll be a really money saver. Thanks to all of you ^-^

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/21 04:51
Yeah, it's probably cheaper to buy a 7 day pass and activate on the 31st. See if you can find a cheap discount LCC flight to KIX from NRT, otherwise just get a 10,000~ yen airpass for one flight, cheaper than the Narita Express + Shinkansen to Kyoto.

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/21 08:19
Your itinerary is perfect, dont change a thing :) A 7 days JRP will be enough for going from Narita and back to Tokyo.
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/21 11:44
Get the Koya pass
Otherwise pretty sound plan
I prefer Koya to Hiroshima. But that's just me. Needed some nature and zen after city living.
by Joshua Hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/21 22:44
Hey guys, just a quick update
Turns out I found a pretty good flight that arrivers at Haneda airport ( yey!).
Do you have any suggestions for going from haneda to Tokyo station?
If possible, using the JR pass would be nice..
Thanks!
:)

Re: Good travel itinerary 2014/8/21 23:35
Just take the Tokyo Monorail from Haneda, it's covered by the pass.

reply to this thread