Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need accommodation for 7 people 2014/8/20 12:24
I'm getting married in Japan in April 2015, and need to find accommodation for my family. There's 4 adults and 3 children. I'd like to find them a place in Tokyo for about 6 days and then a place somewhere in Kansai for 6 days. I'd like to keep costs down, so I was thinking of a weekly mansion, but I can't seem to find anything that will accommodate that many people. Can someone recommend a good website or have any info they can share?
by totoro74  

Re: Need accommodation for 7 people 2014/8/20 15:44
most of the websites I found offered room for 2 people. Some offer a room for 3.
Since you have 7 people, you will need a few rooms or you may consider to stay in a dorm.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need accommodation for 7 people 2014/8/20 15:47
Hi Totoro74

You might wanna try booking.com by specifying your requirement

Or else try airbnb.com. You can choose to rent the entire house. The hosts usually provide discounts for longer stay.

by seigi no hikari rate this post as useful

Re: Need accommodation for 7 people 2014/9/1 10:54
Thanks for the help. Most likely I will book 3 rooms.
by totoro74 rate this post as useful

Re: Need accommodation for 7 people 2014/9/1 11:12
For Kansai, look into booking a machiya (old traditional style house) in Kyoto. Some of them can accommodate a group that size and are very competitive with hotels in terms of pricing, plus they offer a nice atmosphere (often including a kitchen and usually a Japanese-style bath). Offhand I don't have any links I can give you, but if you at least know that term (machiya) it might help you find some places. Often they do not show up on the English-language hotel booking sites.

The machiya are unique to Kyoto and there isn't really anything like them in Tokyo or Osaka. Some of them are not perfectly situated for a typical foreigner's sightseeing itinerary, but some of them aren't too bad (at least for sightseeing in and around Kyoto).
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need accommodation for 7 people 2014/9/1 11:55
It's extremely hard to find a vacation rental that accommodates 7 and is competitively priced against regular hotel rooms, especially since you might only need as few as 2 rooms. How are the families grouped and what are the ages of the kids?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Need accommodation for 7 people 2014/9/1 19:22
by Laurie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread