Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cost of living in Japan 2014/8/23 09:46
In roughly 5 years I want to move to Japan as it's a big dream of mine. I just wanted to know how much money a place to rent would be on average? If anyone can help it'll be much appreciated.
by CharlieOtaku  

Re: Cost of living in Japan 2014/8/23 11:05
This really depends a ton on where you'll be living. Rent can be anything from 30,000 yen way out in the country or for small, old apartments in larger cities, to 160000+ yen in Tokyo for a small studio apartment. Bigger cities usually means higher rent.

When you know where in general you'll be living, if you'll be living with someone else, and your needs for housing, then come back in ask. At this point, we can't give you any kind of answer at all that will be helpful.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Cost of living in Japan 2014/8/23 12:06
5 years is a long time to calculate now what it will be like then. If there's no change, taxes will increase to 10% next year and who knows what may happen afterwards.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread