Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Use J iphone in US? 2014/8/26 17:16
Hi all,

I plan on leaving Japan next year after 3 years of working. I'm currently using an iPhone 4s, bought here in Japan, but it's two years old and starting to lag. Docomo is offering 5c's for free now, and I thought it might be nice to switch - new, nice phone (that has never been dropped in the toilet), and if I can bring it back to the states, it'll replace my 4-year-old iPhone4.

But can I actually use it in the States? I know that everyone's always asking about bringing US phones to Japan, and I know Japan doesn't usually sell SIM cards, but how about the US? I've never actually had to do it, so I don't know.

Thank you!
by Tindy (guest)  

Re: Use J iphone in US? 2014/8/26 17:31
Yes, it can be done. When you leave Docomo will unlock your phone and then you can use it on networks in the US, T-mobile for example. Note that there will likely be some pretty hefty fees as the end since you'll have a cancellation fee plus will have to pay off the cost of the phone in a lump sum (they're not truly free phones). You'll probably want to weigh those against just continuing your current service till you leave.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread