Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

KIX to Shimanto 2014/8/26 23:32
Hello everyone!

I'm going to start my three-month journey in Japan by staying at Shimanto where my first host family lives, and I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to get there.

I will arrive in Kansai airport in November 1st at 9:55am and I should be in Shimanto (Nakamura station to be exact) in November 3rd, somewhere in the morning.

So far the best option I've seen is to take a train or bus to get from KIX to Wakayama, take a ferry to Tokushima and take a train to Shimanto (through awa-ikeda, at least that's what hypredia has been telling me) costing about 120K yen.

Surprised by the cost of Tokushima-Nakamura I started to consider buying the Shikoku rail pass and visiting some interesting places on my way, instead of going straight to Shimanto.

What would you do? Also, if you think it's a good idea to buy the rail pass, what places should (and could, in such a short time period) I visit?

Thank you!
by ojimak  

Re: KIX to Shimanto 2014/8/27 17:50
Kix to Nakamura by local trains only cheaper than yr ferry plan.
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANSAI%20AIRPOR...

After Tsukamoto(JR Tokaido[Ko line) you can get off all JR stations(no back way) as stop-over[途中下車/tocyu-gesya] until Kubokawa.
Say "tocyu-gesya shimasu" and "Sai-nyujo-desu" at JR ticket gates out/re-enter.
This JR long oneway ticket valid 4 days no problem.
And If want take Shinkansen or LtdExp trains just LtdExp fee plus very easy.

Kobe and Okayama are one of famous tourist spots in West Japan.
Kochi(city) in Shikoku,too.
by meg (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread