Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Resident card 2014/9/1 10:54
I've posted here before that I was offered a job in Japan where I'll be working 28 days in a row followed by 28 days off.
During the working days the company provides housing. But during my month off I'll always have to look for an appartment to rent.

I've read that foreigners need a resident card. With me changing addresses every month how will I deal with this? Can a foreigner work in Japan with no real permanent residence?

thanks
by pythium (guest)  

Re: Resident card 2014/9/1 12:07
Maybe you could leave your address as c/o your employer's office? As they are the ones placing you in their accommodation (which can change), this might be valid. If they are doing taxes for you (the employer usually does it for the employees if you are a "salaried worker"), it will have to be done in one city, so they might want you to be a resident in the city where their head office is...

I read your other post too, and I find your employment situation very unusual, by the way. Are they going to place you in different cities every other month? Would they do the taxes for you? if so, for which city? Are they sponsoring you for a visa? If so, what would the "employment term" say?
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread