Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko October festival - which day? 2014/9/7 06:22
Hello.
My wife and I will be in Tokyo for a week around the time of the Nikko Automn festival. I am after some feedback as to which day would be better to go see and also how crazy the crowds would be on either day? We are ok with an early start to our day to get there, but I don't want to have to stake out a spot forever to see the goings on.
Thanks!
Kyle
by meccaneko  

Re: Nikko October festival - which day? 2014/9/23 14:35
The archery on horseback called "Yabusame", held Oct.16, starts at 13:30. The colorful procession of 1000 samurai, held Oct.17, starts at 11:00 and 13:00. In order to get a good place for watching "Yabusame", you have to be there earlier and wait for a while. However, for the procession, you don't need to stand in line. While exploring the precinct, you can enjoy the procession.
"Yabusame" is breathtakingly thrilling, and the procession is absolutely gorgeous. Maybe the second day for the procession will be better for you. Enjoy the Nikko Autumn festival!
by eme2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread