Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita to Haneda 2014/9/22 16:28
I am flying into Narita on a Saturday afternoon at 4:00pm and have a connecting flight at Haneda at 12:05am (Sunday). I have read posts about how long it may take to get to Haneda from Narita. Is there any sightseeing I could do on my way?

It seems as if shuttle may be the best way to get from Narita to Haneda, if anyone has experience with better options please let me know.

Looking for safest options all around. Female from the US travelling alone. Thanks!
by surfwmn  

Re: Narita to Haneda 2014/9/22 17:32
Well on top of my head is, you could probably stop by at Tokyo station or Asakusa area where you will have access to Metro (Asakusa Line) which goes straight to Haneda.

Given the time that you arrive and time you need to get to Haneda, I will probably say Tokyo Station and its surrounding? or Tokyo Skytree (use Asakusa Line to Haneda)
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Haneda 2014/9/22 17:39
There are direct trains between Narita and Haneda (operated jointly by Keisei, Toei and Keikyu).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Haneda 2014/9/22 19:00
I would take the N'EX from Narita to Shinagawa and stay there overnight. Have dinner, do a little sightseeing/shopping then continue on to Haneda in the morning via the Keikyu line.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Haneda 2014/10/23 16:03
Thank you for the information. Would it be best for me to take the Keisei from Narita to Oshiage Skytree (is that direct)? Once I see Skytree tower and do some sightseeing can I get Keisei again from Oshiage Skytree to Haneda or is it cheaper/quicker to take a different train?

Any idea if there are lockers at Oshiage Skytree to lock up my luggage?

Is it an easy walk to get from Keisei to Skytree Tower?

Is there a special one day pass I can get for Keisei and any other train I need that will save me money?

When I get to Skytree Tower can I buy a ticket for the observation deck when I get there?

Any shopping in the area that would be recommended?

Thank you!
by surfwmn rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Haneda 2014/10/23 16:07
Also, is it at all possible to see the Skytree tower and go to Asakusa to see some of the temples and then go to Haneda or am I pushing my luck?

Re: Narita to Haneda 2014/10/24 12:29
I think a stop only at Tokyo Skytree and the shops there would be perfect considering the time of day that you will be going through.

Narita Airport to Oshiage Station (for Skytree)
You will want to take the Keisei Line OR the Narita Sky Access Line, whichever leaves first.

On Saturdays the last train that runs direct to Oshiage, with no changes necessary, is at 4:44 PM (Sky Access Line). Otherwise you will have to change trains at Aoto station and go across to the other side of the platform for the train which will bring you to Oshiage. You're looking at approximately 65-75 minutes depending on the journey.

The english brochure for Tokyo Skytree shows where lockers are located (though I'm not sure exactly the particular sizes available!)
http://www.tokyo-skytree.jp/en/floor/pdf/skytree_en_130830.pdf

Returning to Oshiage station and going to the Asakusa subway line platform, you will be able to pick up direct services to Haneda Airport. Trains destined for Haneda leave every 10 minutes and get to Haneda in 45-50 minutes. For example the 9:13 PM departure will get you to Haneda at 10:01 PM, leaving about 2 hours before your flight leaves.
by JRHorse rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Haneda 2014/10/25 07:38
I was trying to hit asakusa too to do a little shopping and see some temples or at least the outside of them

Re: Narita to Haneda 2014/10/25 09:24
People can only tell you what you "may" be able to do during those few hours but not what you "will" be able to do. There are many variables that can affect the execution of any plan.

Immigration procedures, baggage claim, customs inspection, (maybe) cash withdrawal, buying a ticket, and walking to the train platform could easily take an hour. Let's say you manage to catch a train that leaves Narita at 5pm, you will arrive at Oshiage shortly after 6pm. Walking to Skytree and finding a locker take time. It could be 7pm already by the time you finish a quick supper. Some poster above said if you leave Oshiage (or Asakusa) by 9pm, you will be at Haneda around 10pm. So you are left with less than two hours at Skytree (and Asakusa).

If you want to visit Asakusa as well, are you going to use another locker there ? Asakusa is like 1.5km from Oshiage and you can take subway to get there, but walking from Skytree to the subway station, and from Asakusa station to say the temple all take time. Since it will be like 8pm already, most shops (except restaurants) in Asakusa will have been closed.

You can visit http://www.hyperdia.com/ to look for "precise" train and subway times and plan accordingly. You will need a flexible plan and have to know "precisely" at what time you "must" leave a certain place (Oshiage or Asakusa) so as not to miss your journey to Haneda.

by tedrabjg rate this post as useful

reply to this thread